BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

It's A Different World

My eleven year old niece created a profile on Woozworld, which I'd never heard of before.
My sister and I monitor the kids' (niece and nephew) online activities pretty closely at this stage. This sort of thing is always harmless fun on the surface, but there are opportunities for bullying and also for creeps pretending to be kids to try and gain the trust of actual kids.
It's certainly a different world now than it was when I was eleven. I'm 48 years old. To eleven year old me, making friends via computer would have sounded like science fiction. At that age, I was into Star Wars pretty big time. I also liked the original Battlestar Galactica and I loved watching Star Trek reruns too. Having my own computer would have seemed as fantastic an idea as many of the stories on those shows to me at eleven.

~DJ Thalia~

0 comments: