BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 24, 2014

An American Snoop Dogg in Paris



This reminds me of a little tale from many years ago in the mid-nineties. It probably won't be of much interest to anyone but me, but I'll tell it anyway. I went to see Public Enemy and U2 in concert. Before the show started, I was standing near the back entrance to the arena and who but Flavor Flav should walk by with his three older kids and their mother. I decided against saying anything to him as I didn't want to bother him when he was with his family. 
It's really too bad that Flav screwed things up so much between himself and his older kids. Guy's got issues. Regardless, Public Enemy always puts on one hell of a show, and I try to see them whenever they're in town. To be honest, although I love U2, I really thought that all the props they had onstage was overkill. Bono also seemed to really distance himself from the audience. Music-wise it was a push. Performance-wise, I actually preferred Public Enemy's performance. They seemed much more accessible.
About ten years later, my son and I went to a talk given by Chuck D. We went up afterwards and got his autograph. He's a true gentleman and really seems to have it together. 
Just a couple fun memories from back in the day. I enjoyed the recollection.
~DJ Cheesy~

0 comments: