Hello friends, DJ Helena suggested this beautiful and sad song for inspiring my NaNo writing here in the wee hours. I chose the version with the scene from the good ole Vampire Diaries, which is a favorite among our Undead in the Netherworld/KHEL 666 Krew!
In one of my previous posts I mentioned that I was contemplating creating a romantic relationship or proto-romance between two of my characters. As I wrote, I decided to challenge myself by creating a romance between two of the female characters who seemed to be drawing close.
It's easy for me as a straight person to write a straight romance, and I also find it relatively easy to write an authentic romance between two male characters. I wanted to write a romance between two female characters which seemed true and respectful and did not become some sort of lurid lezsploitation scene for the straight male gaze as such scenarios unfortunately so often seem to.
Given the challenges that homosexuals, both male and female, still face even in modern times, I thought it seemed realistic that at some point one or both of the characters would face difficulty acknowledging her true feelings. This song expresses that. Will they be able to resolve their problems? I'll admit that I'm a soft touch, but sometimes it seems more in keeping with the personalities of the characters for heartache to be the end result. We shall see!
XOXO,
DJ Tempest


0 comments:
Post a Comment