BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

To Adam Lambert, Riff Cherry, and my Son

A beautiful video featuring Adam and his little godson.
This video was made in honor of the birthdays of Adam and Riff.
Today is my son's birthday.
23 years ago today, I was in horrible agony.
It was worth it!

He was born at 8:19 A.M. on May 8, 1990 via C-section with me knocked out cold cause things weren't going too well at that point.
I haven't been a very good person in life, and I don't think I deserve much, but somehow I got this miraculous gift anyway.
Without him, I would not be alive today, and I mean that.
We should always be grateful for our young ones, and for those who offer them their love and support.
I know there are some out there who think people like Adam shouldn't be allowed to be part of raising children, just because he's gay.
I say bullshit.
Love is love. 
There are some who will say people like me shouldn't be allowed to raise children because I'm mentally ill.
I could have used a fuck of a lot more help.
I could have used having people to listen to me and help figure out what was going on, instead of berating me and telling me to "just stop thinking/feeling/being like that."
But in the end, my son and I made it through.
This is a great day in history.
I'm here because I need to be here to help my son achieve his goals.
I know Adam wants to help his godson achieve his goals.
So, we're pretty good people, regardless of what anyone else might think.

0 comments: