Thorns is a very cool song written by the band Demon Hunter about the topic of self injury. It might bring some comfort to someone who is suffering.
I have a history of self mutilation. It is a very complex issue. It can be correlated with conditions such as borderline personality disorder and bipolar disorder (both of which I have) or with abuse. My parents were not physically abusive (there was sometimes inadvertent psychological abuse, because they were very perfectionistic.) I was bullied mercilessly in school. That was the trigger, in my case.
I don't believe in everlasting damnation, as it happens. It it makes no sense to me that a divine creator would condemn its creations for not believing in it. I don't think that a benevolent higher power has the egotistical need for worship. That would be on par with me flushing my fish down the toilet because it had the audacity not to call me by a certain name when I fed it.
Any higher power worth its salt would be too evolved to require worship from lowly beings like ourselves. The Bible was written by human beings. It is partially a historical account of life at the time when it was written. It is fallacy to try and take it completely literally. Just my humble opinion.
Peace.


0 comments:
Post a Comment