BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Math Skillz

The first time I took basic college math, I made the mistake of taking it online. I tend to like taking classes online, but it wasn't a good idea with math, a subject where I need someone to hold my hand and lead me through it. I ended up with a D. The second time, I took it in person and got an A.

I was shocked.

I wasn't always bad at math. I was pretty good at math in my earliest years of school. In first and second grade I always got stars on my papers.

But then, third grade came along, and they introduced multiplication. I'll never forget the time when we did our first multiplication test. For reasons unknown, the teacher had us grade each other's papers. My friend Angie, who was a nice enough girl but kind of clueless, looked at me with big startled eyes when she finished grading the paper.

"YOU GOT AN F!" she announced.

The whole class stared.

I burst into tears.

I struggled with math from that moment on.

0 comments: